Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Practically Perfect

What a wonderful day

Pixie and I got up (insanely) early
and went to the store to buy our Mother's Day meal

we ran errands -- and visited with my parents
and then came home

Pixie wasn't quite ready for a nap - so we played ball in the yard
and then
settled in for some Winnie the Pooh

she loves it

I started to drift off and she delighted me with a few wet toddler kisses
followed by prying one of my eyes open to see if I was in there

and ultimately

covered us both up with a blanket

eventually -- I put her down and got a few things done

My parents came back over and we finished the sandbox
(sawed and hammered by yours truly)
and made the baby make a SQUEEEE sound

and made me regret the too short shorts commando
as I have sand where I oughtn't

a wonderful dinner

Salmon
Asparagus
fresh bread and salad
(all enjoyed by all the adults and the baby (sans salad) -- yes -- even the asparagus!)

and topped off
just now
by a sweet girl
crawling up in my lap to give me a hug
and falling asleep on my shoulder

I couldn't feel more like a mom than I did today

Thank you Pixie for the best Mother's Day gift(s) ever

you are delightful.

3 comments:

  1. Made me both smile and get all misty eyed. What a delight full day.
    Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy for you!! What wonderful times to have!

    sofia

    ReplyDelete